Phil Keoghan Biography
Phil Keoghan is a television personality who was born and brought in Lincoln, New Zealand. He is best known for hosting the American version of The Amazing Race on CBS. He has been hosting the show since its debut in 2001.
Additionally, Keoghan is the creator and host of No Opportunity Wasted, which has been produced in the United States, New Zealand, and Canada. Moreover, he co-created and hosts the American reality competition television program Tough as Nails which debuted on CBS on July 8th, 2020.
Philip has been involved with winning ten Primetime Emmy Awards related to his work on The Amazing Race as of 2021. The show consecutively won the Outstanding Reality-Competition Program seven times.
Phil Keoghan Age
Keoghan is 54 years old as of 2021. Keoghan was born on 31 May 1967 in Lincoln, New Zealand.
Phil Keoghan Height
Phil measures a standing height of 5 feet 10 inches or 1.80 m.
Phil Keoghan Weight
Keoghan has a weight of 75 kg.
Phil Keoghan Sick and Illness
Rumors have it that Keoghan might be sick or is being overworked, however, there is no indication that the Amazing Race host, is seriously sick neither has he come out to confirm the rumors. This information is currently under review and will soon be updated.
Phil Keoghan Family
The Amazing Race show host, Phil is the loving son of John Keoghan, his father, and Elizabeth, his mother. His father is an agricultural scientist involved with conservation in New Zealand. Phil appeared alongside his father as a Pit Stop greeter during the 13th season of The Amazing Race when the racers stopped in New Zealand.
He is also the brother of Andrew and Ruth Cooper. His brother Andrew was a television reporter on Television New Zealand’s One News and is a successful jazz singer. His sister on the other hand specializes in coaching, training, and development programs for professional women who wish to combine careers with motherhood.
Phil Keoghan Married
Keoghan is a married man. He currently lives with his wife and producing partner Louise Keoghan Rodrigues. The beautiful couple has been blessed with a daughter called Elle.
Louise is an Australian-born television producer & director and co-creator of No Opportunity Wasted and Tough as Nails. The couple resides in Los Angeles, California. They also have homes in Matarangi on the Coromandel Peninsula, and in Westport.
Phil Keoghan Tough As Nails
Phil is the host of the reality television series Tous As Nails. He was inspired by his working-class family of farmers, coal miners, gold miners, and builders to create the show.
Keoghan said that he was proud to shine a light on people who do a hard day’s work and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get their hands dirty.
Phil Keoghan Amazing Race
Keoghan originally auditioned for the host of Survivor. Though on its shortlist, the CBS network ultimately chose Jeff Probst for Survivor and offered Phil the hosting duties for The Amazing Race. He has been the host for the show from its inception and also serves as a producer.
Currently, he has a contract extending for “several years” following The Amazing Race 18 in 2011 that will allow him to also develop other shows for CBS. In a 2002 interview, he admitted that his pay for a single episode of The Amazing Race is more than an entire year on Spot On.
Phil Keoghan Net Worth
Phil has an estimated net worth of $16 million. He has made a great fortune from his career as a television host.
Phil Keoghan Movies and TV Shows
- The Amazing Race (2001–present) – Host
- Best of Both Worlds – Co-host
- Breakfast Time (FX TV series) – Road Warrior
- The Early Show – Travel Correspondent
- FOX After Breakfast (1996) – Reporter
- That’s Fairly Interesting – Reporter
- Go For It – Host
- The Human Edge (2002) – Co-creator
- Phil Keoghan’s Adventure Crazy – Co-creator
- Adventure Crazy – Host
- Keoghan’s Heroes – Co-creator
- Miss World 2003 (2003) – Host
- No Opportunity Wasted (2004) – Host
- Spot On – Host
- Surprise, Surprise – Host
- Whose House is it Anyway? (2000) – Host
- Speed Test Drive (2006) – Cameo appearance as a student of the Jim Russell Racing School
- Everest: After the Climb (2007) – Host
- CBS News Sunday Morning (2008) – Contributor
- Star Trek: Phase II (2008) – Cameo as Admiral Keoghan in “Blood & Fire” Part One
- Million Dollar Password (2008) – Guest appearance/Himself
- I Get That a Lot (2013) – Himself
- Big Brother (2015) – Takeover guest who revealed The Amazing Race 26 alums, Jeff and Jackie, as the final two HouseGuests.
- Earth Live (2017) – Co-host with Jane Lynch
- American Dad! (2017) – Guest voice as host of “The Bitchin’ Race” in the episode “The Bitchin’ Race”
- National Geographic Explorer (2018) – Host
- Tough as Nails (2020–present) – Host, Executive Producer, Director, Co-Creator
Phil Keoghan Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: